Advanced

This offer sounds too good to be true

Posted by Treito 
This offer sounds too good to be true
October 02, 2015 04:32PM
Hello everyone,

I found one hint on a Facebook group showing this printer:
[de.aliexpress.com]

As I have nothing to loose because of the buyer protection I ordered one just for fun. But what do you think about this? This cannot be true, can it? Especially the shipping costs are higher then the printer price.
Of course I will report.

Best regards,

Sven

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
Re: This offer sounds too good to be true
October 03, 2015 03:28AM
When I open the link, I even see free shipping....
Visit the shop of this "company"... They sell all sorts of 3D printers with up to 90% off.

This can´t be good. sad smiley
-Olaf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2015 03:30AM by o_lampe.
October 03, 2015 03:34AM
If I do not get one I will get my money back. As i put a Prusa from Replikeo in my basket they demanded over 60$ shipping costs. This is really strange. i do not think I will get one. Meanwhile I think they try to harm Aliexpress.

Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
AWI
October 03, 2015 08:58AM
Hi,

Orders are really exploding, I couldn't resist either, so we shall see if it is pure scam.
I don't think Aliexpress will pass over the money to the seller without any warranty, I rather think it may be some currency converting error...

BR
Andrej
October 03, 2015 09:39AM
I do not think that this is a currency converting error as there is a "70% off" in the picture and this gibe us indeed the price of the order. I am not for 100% sure if there is a heated bed included. According to the technical data yes and according to one person on Facebook no. But even if no that would not be a big deal.
Besides I have no idea what about the controller as it seems not to be the standard controller for a Prusa I3 but it is or was very common. I found here one thread where somebody wrote that the FTDI controller on exact this board of exactly this printer is one of the nearly famous fake FTDI chips which are blocked by the latest driver.

October 03, 2015 12:02PM
Here's the like to it on the usa
site.

[m.aliexpress.com]

In the Android app it shows 60.50 I get free shipping to the usa when I add it to the cart.

I don't know what I would need it for but I am tempted just to see what comes.

Newbie with Folgertech 2020 i3.
October 03, 2015 12:06PM
I think they did a mistake as they only wanted to offer free shipping and accidentally changed the article price and because of the big holidays in China nobody saw it. So I think they will cancel the orders but in that case they would get thousands of negative ratings. Okay we will see.

October 03, 2015 08:25PM
If nothing else, it's a lot of spare parts and upgraded parts such as the bearing blocks and the lead screws vs threaded rod! Plus two rolls of PLA. It could be a scam to get my credit card info but that's the bank's problem! My order just went in.
October 03, 2015 09:54PM
I used a direct bank transfer, My nozzles were delivered by this company or by a company related to that one.

October 03, 2015 10:20PM
Treito
I used a direct bank transfer, My nozzles were delivered by this company or by a company related to that one.

Hopefully, the Chinese hackers don't clean your account out!
October 03, 2015 10:28PM
One thing I did notice is that the power supply is only 15 amps, rather than the 30 on my Folger Tech. IF it actually show up, I'll be upgrading that for sure.
October 03, 2015 10:50PM
I am not sure (as I did not order very much at AliExpress yet) but I paid to AliExpress. I always have the same pay methods (Actuallay 2 or three different shops) and the same recipient. And on the other hand after the first week of the month my bank account is near zero and I have no credit line on it and at least I would get the money back, but you scared me.
I am also wondering about the fast delivery. The Prusa I3 from Replikeo would cost me nearly 100$ for that fast delivery.
According to the product description you only need 80 Amps but that leads to a missing heated bed. I would test the power supply first as you can get an bad efficiency if you use an overpowered power supply. I do not own a Prusa yet as I more like the design of the Ormerod but the Prusa is for example CNC compatible and more robust.
The second thing I would do is to add an OctoPi connection. At first I would compare the printing results. I would have the possibility to modify one Ormerod printer whilst printing printer parts and normal parts at the same time. As my at the moment broken Ormerod 1 is mostly used to print printer parts there is something definitely wrong. Meanwhile my Ormerod 2 can print now but it still needs a lot of parts and the Ormerod 1 maintenance.

October 03, 2015 11:41PM
I've ordered quite a few things from Aliexpress and had only one bad experience with a seller. Aliexpress holds the money and won't give it to the seller until YOU tell them that you are satisfied. So you can open a dispute with the seller and they get no money until you are happy BUT you must be very careful of time limits. If you wait too long, the sale is final and that is done! I did not see the heated bed at first. They say in the description that there is one. Now I see wires for a heated be leading UNDER the aluminum plate so the heater is under the bed! My Folger Tech has the heater on top and then I have a tempered glass plate on top.
Also, I have learned the hard way that it is best to take SCREEN SHOTS (prt scn) of what you are buying and save to disk. Sometimes the description will be changed after you buy it and they will say that 'here is the description. Sorry'.. Now I can show them that THIS is what you sold me. This happened with a camera and I got my money back and could keep the inferior camera.
October 04, 2015 03:39AM
I did not knew that about the holding back of the money. So I am right and I paid to AliExpress? I had had an open dispute about my first bought - the nozzles because the tracking stopped on the 9th of September. The seller told me that everything is good and the goods would be already in my town. I asked him how he got this information and especially wanted to know when it arrived but I got no answer. The day before yesterday I could receive the items by registered mail. That was the answer as there is no direct tracking of registered mails in my country you only get the feedback as soon as they have arrived and the receipt was signed.

Are you sure the heated bed is under the aluminium plate and not the aluminium plate itself? I would guess (according to similiar products) that it could be the MK3 version of the heated bed - only 3mm thick and the aluminium is included. I use this version for my Ormerod 2. It is much better than seperated parts. I still use a glass on top by the way. That seems to be missing at this printer. Instead there is some kind of BuildTak directly on the top. For me this would be okay as you have no need for clamps anymore. I am considering doing the same with my Ormerod. The second advantage would be the bigger build area as you only need 3mm + BuildTak for the height and you can nearly use the complete heated bed for printing as the connections are upside down.

October 04, 2015 10:37AM
I wasn't aware of the aluminum plate being the heater! Interesting. I have had such good luck with adhesion with my tempered glass plate that I would probably still get one of them. That is assuming that this 'Fairy Tale' of a deal actually comes true!
October 04, 2015 10:44AM
I can directly compare both heated beds. I am using for example a glass plate with Kapton tape. With the MK3 version I have overall a better temperature balance. Using the older version with seperated aluminium heat spreader I have not a so good balnced temperature. Of course it is not overall the same but the difference is less than the other option with MK2a (?) and heat spreader. and it is thinner that gives you soum extra height. But you there are versions where you do not have a LED indication anymore. Instead you can find a thermistor and then there is no hole in the center of the bed. But I am using the LED compatible version.

October 04, 2015 01:17PM
Same company also has a Delta Printer ~$80 with Free Shipping...

Aliexpress Cheap Delta Printer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2015 01:19PM by madmike8.
October 05, 2015 03:35AM
madmike8
Same company also has a Delta Printer ~$80 with Free Shipping...

Aliexpress Cheap Delta Printer

Not only free shipping, but express shipping, too. Guaranteed 3 days delivery...insane.
Those items must have been "fallen from the truck" or they just want to get your creditcard number...
-Olaf
October 05, 2015 05:17AM
I guess they wanted to change to free express shipping and accidentally took the shipping costs as product price.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2015 05:18AM by Treito.

October 05, 2015 07:08AM
Treito
I guess they wanted to change to free express shipping and accidentally took the shipping costs as product price.

Express shipping heavy goods to Germany usually is 150€+++

Stop dreaming this could be for real...
-Olaf
October 05, 2015 09:06AM
Just got notice that mine shipped!
October 05, 2015 10:24AM
It looks very similar to one i bought, though mine was not black, it was clear acrylic. Except for terrible assembly instructions and a short in the thermisitor, its working fine. The extruder looks a little different too. But mine cost 230 (including shipping).
October 05, 2015 10:44AM
I stumbled over the same site on Sunday, ordered the sunhokey.
Hoping that it's not a scam and the buyer protection works.
I also received notice it got shipped today. Can't wait to see what will be delivered hot smiley
AWI
October 05, 2015 11:27AM
In the end I ordered 2 models, and selected DHL for both, but got a confirmation they were sent by China Post Air Parcel instead,
plus a comment by the seller on one stating they would "...refund 15$...as compensation... in a timely manner".

It sounds fishy, but as long as we all keep an eye on the Purchase Protection deadline, worst case is Alipay having to refund.

Someone else received tracking numbers ending on ...6988CN or ...2809CN?
They are unknown yet to the tracking tools (http://www.17track.net/en/), but that has been the case before, and after some days, they did appear...
October 05, 2015 11:58AM
Just ordered one also. Went to supplier web page where they have different 3d printers.
October 05, 2015 12:48PM
As Aliexpress did not receive the money yet my printer was not shipped. I still cannot believe that this offer will be realy delivered.

October 05, 2015 02:52PM
I just got the messages that because they are sending by China Post, they will give me $15 refund. You must open a 'dispute' and explain that the seller chose a slower method of delivery and agreed to the settlement. Take a screen shot of that message and attach it to your dispute so Aliexpress knows what you are talking about.
AWI
October 05, 2015 03:08PM
Is someone an expert Aliexpress user? I wonder if opening a dispute will allow the seller to step back from the sale, giving him the possibility of turning down everyone who bought for the low price... BTW: Price is now back to "normal" on the cheapest version mentioned by the thread starter.
October 05, 2015 03:24PM
BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you accept their $15 offer, your order status automatically goes to a completed transaction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I just got screwed! Now I have to fight directly with Aliexpress and Alibaba. Too good to be true. Don't take the money!
AWI
October 05, 2015 03:27PM
Thanks for your feedback, I hope you get it resolved quickly, and nobody else falls for it...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login