Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is Geeetech i3 Pro compatible with Marlin 2.1

Posted by OlaA 
Is Geeetech i3 Pro compatible with Marlin 2.1
October 01, 2023 11:23PM
Is Geeetech i3 Pro compatible with Marlin 2.1 ?

I use 1.9 today but curious to try 2.1 !

Tanks :-)

Ola A. in Sweden.
Re: Is Geeetech i3 Pro compatible with Marlin 2.1
October 02, 2023 12:26AM
[github.com]

there are example configs for Prusa i3 Pro B, Prusa i3 Pro W, Prusa i3 Pro C and PI3A PRO

So it depends on which Geeetech i3 Pro you have...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2023 12:37AM by Dust.
October 02, 2023 01:13AM
The Geeetech board have GT2560. It's Geeetech I3 Pro B.

[www.geeetech.com]

October 04, 2023 11:10AM
Greetings,

I was recently gifted a Geeetech i3 Pro B (GT2560 Rev A+) from a mate which had Marlin v1.1.9 firmware on it. I updated it to v2.1.2.1 and the printer then failed to Z home, it no longer raised the Z axis during the homing process, I then tried previous version and finally found a version that worked which is v2.0.7.3 any version higher than that and the printer won't Z home.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2023 11:12AM by Use Less UK.
October 04, 2023 03:09PM
I expect a comparison between the working and failing configuration.h files will show a difference in option settings that will explain why the newest Marlin didn't work.
October 04, 2023 11:07PM
Many 3d printer makers ignore the marking on the controller pcb and plug their stuff in where ever they want.

So check where the Z stuff is actually wired into on the controller.
October 05, 2023 01:15AM
So the conclusion, from Use less UK trying is that I can use the 2.0… version. That's nice.

Ther is not so much respon on my topic in this forum.

Regard
Ola A.
October 05, 2023 03:21AM
???
If there are example configs for it (which there are) , it is meant to work with current Marlin versions
October 06, 2023 04:49PM
[email protected]
I expect a comparison between the working and failing configuration.h files will show a difference in option settings that will explain why the newest Marlin didn't work.
The only changes made to the configuration file was to put the BL Touch sensor on the Z-MIN endstop, as that is how it was setup for Marlin v1.1.9 which is what version it had on when I got the printer.

So starting at version 2.1.2.1 using the BL Touch config file, with the appropriate changes for the BLT being on ZMIN, the printer wouldn't home Z once Marlin was compiled and uploaded to the printer. The Z Axis was no longer being raised while it was doing the probing which resulted in the home failing.

Normally it would home x/y then move to the centre of the bed raise Z deploy probe and then lower Z until probe is triggered, raise Z and deploy the probe again and then lower Z until probe triggered and then finally raise Z, Z homed.

Every version from v2.1.2.1 down to v2.0.8.3 all failed to home Z and when they did the process was Home X/Y then move to the centre of bed raise Z deploy probe and then lower z until probe triggered, deploy probe home fails.

The only version that worked out of the box was v2.0.7.3, again making the changes for BLT being on ZMIN compile and upload to the printer and it homed fine.
October 06, 2023 07:26PM
I'm still puzzled by the failure to run with bugfix-2.1.x.

Please try the attached configuration files. I expect both will home properly with the BLTouch's two pin connector plugged into Z_MIN endstop.

---

I didn't find 2.0.7.3 on the Marlin releases page so I used 2.0.7.2.

I started from the following example files:
Prusa i3 Pro B bltouch 2.0.7.2
Prusa i3 Pro B bltouch bugfix-2.1.x

I then made the following changes to move BLTouch from ZMAX endstop to ZMIN endstop:
  • comment out USE_ZMAX_PLUG (2.0.7.2 only)
  • comment out Z_MIN_PROBE_PIN
  • enable Z_MIN_PROBE_USES_Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_PIN
  • enable USE_PROBE_FOR_Z_HOMING

I also enabled PINS_DEBUGGING in configuration_adv.h so I could use M43 to verify the pin mappings were the same.
Attachments:
open | download - Bugfix-2.1.x.zip (97.1 KB)
open | download - Marlin_2.0.7.2.zip (73.6 KB)
October 07, 2023 07:53AM
I'll try those out thanks ... but I expect v2.0.7.2 will work fine as v2.0.7.3 did. But when I get teh chance to test them I'll report back with the findings.

[email protected]
I didn't find 2.0.7.3 on the Marlin releases page so I used 2.0.7.2.
I found it, it's the fourth item down from the top winking smiley [github.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login