Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

An alternative to buying a bad kit for $300-500

Re: An alternative to buying a bad kit for $300-500
November 07, 2019 03:20AM
You could try heating up a large lump of metal up to red-hot and just touching it to the head of the screw for a few seconds - sometimes the sudden expansion and subsequent contraction can free off a screw. Maybe.
November 09, 2019 06:19PM
I've got one here you can have, if you still need it.

(sorry, this is in reply to an old old post by user Rlewisrlou666).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2019 06:23PM by wallaceowen.
November 10, 2019 02:46AM
wallaceowen
I've got one here you can have, if you still need it.

(sorry, this is in reply to an old old post by user Rlewisrlou666).

If you press 'quote' under the post you're replying to, you can get the original post linked in your reply just like this one. Makes it easier for everyone to understand what you're talking about smiling smiley

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
January 21, 2020 01:46PM
Used my Cubex RepRap Tango to make a Mostly Printed CNC, Turned out great.
My new project is my second Cubex duo conversion (I bought two originally for $220 IIRC for the pair).
This one is based on a BIQU SKR Pro v1.1 with TMC2209 stepper drivers and a diamond triple extrusion single nozzle head.
I stripped the carriage down completely and removed the sliders/bearings. I got myself a little hobby mill and removed a ton of aluminum off each slider and removed the extruder/fans and SS plates resulting in around 3lb reduction in the carriage weight.
I also replace the Z axis plastic back bar with 1/4 Aluminum plate.
Refitted with smaller lighter fans and the diamond head (Bowden) in a pla housing and placed 3 BMG style Bowdon extriders and the stepper motors on the RHS of the cabinet.
Added a Antclabs BLTouch for levelling and removed all endstops and use the stallguard function of the TMC2209.
Everything is 24v (600W Power supply).
I am awaiting delivery of a 310x310 heated 24v Bed (they sent a 12v by mistake) Oh and I replaced the sprung bed plate with a roughly 400x400x3.5mm Aluminum plate.
Also awaiting 3 filament runout sensors.
Btw on my previous duo rebuild I reused the cubex extruder with a e3d head and managed to utilise the cubex duo standard filament run sensor.
Marlin 2 is working well to date, homing working, double z of SKR Pro switched to double Y, BLTouch working .
3.5 TFT is nice.
Still to do: Heated bed fitting, inner base cover and cooling for controller, triple extruder testing and runout sensors to be fitted and set up. Oh and a triple spool holder to bolt to lower LHS of cube. Interior light.
And I still have to work out how to fit/support the bowden tubes and wires to the carriage. Any ideas?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2020 01:46PM by jimboh3.
January 21, 2020 01:55PM
Nice work !
January 22, 2020 02:03PM
@jimboh3
That's a great price! Here in the Netherlands some really dumb people are still selling their machines for over €1200/piece. Very unrealistic.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
January 25, 2020 06:34AM
Hi, has anyone converted a cubepro duo? what motherbor and driver did you convert with? Does anyone have the marlin config for the cubepro duo? thank you very much
October 04, 2020 07:12AM
Greetings Gentlemens,

yesterday i read the whole topic. There is a lot of useful information. Because i'm not an expert i not totally convinced about my knowledge. I want to ask some suggestion. According to the datashet of the stepper motors can i use A4988 or better to choose other which can handle higher current like TMC5160 61 for the Z axis stepper? Thanks in advance.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login