Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New MKS SBASE Smoothieware-compatible board from China

Posted by vreihen 
Re: New MKS SBASE Smoothieware-compatible board from China
October 18, 2017 01:39AM
I am from makerbase, The newest Version of MKS SBASE is V1.3 . We never design or produce V1.4.
October 29, 2017 05:17AM
The SMD device is a fuse, this is why 12V no longer powers the board, you need to replace it with another SMD fuse of the same spec. should be available from Ebay.
October 29, 2017 05:25AM
diedirk
Anybody got a solution for my problem:

My board powers/functions just fine from the usb connector, but does nothing at all when i try to power it from the port with 12v (tried multiple power supply's and triple checked the polarity) anybody a clue what's wrong?

Thanks guys

I would guess you've blown your fuse maybe, SMD component F2, use a multimeter to check the resistance across it, it should be 0 ohms, if it's open circuit then you will need to replace it.
January 22, 2018 05:55AM
I have a MKS Sbase 1.3 that does not work.
the only thing that does is to turn on the led d7 and the others are turned off, does anyone know how to solve?

in my research I found a solution for anyone who has RJ1 port problems. I checked with the multimeter and there was no connection as it should.
see the image below

but my problem is another.
the computer does not detect the MKS Sbase through usb.

January 25, 2018 06:06PM
I found the solution.
the MKS Sbase I bought had no bootload installed and no one warned me.
after installing bootload already works.

instructions to install bootload, use a translator
mks sbase bootload install
January 30, 2018 05:30PM
Hi

I have a MKS Sbase 1.3 and I use some 5V endstops (a BL Touch).
Now I'd like to use a special external stepper driver but it needs to have a Vin, which must be 3.3V to match the level of signal (there is an onboard level shifter which needs to be powered)

I did not find any pin where to get this 3.3V. I know that if i wasn't using 5V endstops, it would have been easy (just using the jumper and taking the 3.3V from an unused endstop connector).
Is there a way to solve that or should i go with a dc-dc converter to get 3.3V from 5V ?
February 08, 2018 09:58PM
hello,how to fix optical endstop issue with them not reading them being triggered.Voltage jumper is set to 5 V, sending M119 gives me a X;YZ = 1 response. If I then move the carriage into the end stop slot, thus triggering the end stop, Led light is on , M119 command still gives me a Y = 1 response.Mechanical end stops working no issue . Flashed it with smoothieware=edge last version no changing,optical end stops working fine on marlin board

i found in this topic option to ad" V "behind pin number but not working

change In the declaration of "gamma_min_endstop" to : gamma_min_endstop 1.28v
The "v" argument is for activate the pull down.
February 09, 2018 06:13PM
Hi All,

New to this forum and just testing a 1.3 version of the MKS Sbase.
Weird problem:
- Update to latest firmware seems ok (firmware.bin changes to firmware.cur) and power cycling without sd card works ok (leds blinking)
- When I put an SD card in with a config.txt it does no boot (only D7 lights up) and also does not show up in Windows.
- When I put an empty SD card in there or no SD card, I get a normal boot and the USB connection will show in Windows

Is this a config.txt issue, SD card isse or a broken pcb?

EDIT:
Never mind, the board runs with the default config from the smoothieboard site. Now I have to find the fault in my own config version ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2018 04:12AM by EvR3D.
February 27, 2018 06:35PM
Sorry guys, during ad upgrade i reversed the 12V input... so i check the F2 and D6 and they let pass current... so... what i fried ?

Where is the 12v input voltage regulator ?

What i can check ? Thanks

Usb and board still work properly , only the 12V line is broken somewere :/

Gigio2k - [Pescara] - RepTrash grinning smiley -=Delta G2K=-
| My Thingverse stuff | Vi aspettiamo su Stampanti 3D Italia su Facebook |
March 11, 2018 05:33AM
Before I had ramps based system Sav Mk1, but I fryed the 12v outputs from that card and was forced to start installing Sbase to my old I3. Was meant to install it to my new and shiny corexy.

Does that diode bridge system get rid of the loud high pitch noise?

How do you supposed to use this smoothieware? With octoprint? With builtin webbrowser?

I really think that this is'nt even close to ease of using octoprint and ramps. Octoprint is way too slow to operate with this card. Is there issue with my card or is it normal?

And I have SavOled display and noticed that smoothieware have support for this but I cannot find how to attach it to card.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login